Friday, July 3, 2009

Alaska Trip

Jud, my mom Laura, my sisters Valerie and Diane all flew to Alaska for a visit to my sister Teri's place. They were great hosts and we had lots of fun fishing, sightseeing, and even garnet prospecting and finding. We did a lot of fishing but not a lot of catching. Nevertheless, it was fun because I could spend some time with Jud. One unusual thing we caught was a 3-legged starfish. Maybe I should have kept it. We found out later it may be a bit rare!
Jud quickly learned the ropes of Kim's boat and piloted us around fishing. Here we are at Banana Point and he really had his hands full trying to negotiate around thousands of crab pots and their buoys. We caught one small halibut here.

This was taken at Banana Point around 4:00 a.m.. It didn't take long for us to get used to the 3 hour night and we saw some beautiful sights while in Alaska.


The haul from one day of crabbing. Teri cooked them up and for the only time I can remember I had all the crab I could eat. We actually left crab on the table!

We took a long trip with Kim out to Portage Bay and
beyond. It was beautiful scenery. We saw whales galore, sea lions, and much more while motoring to and from the location. Kim was a great guide and gave generously of his time, knowledge, and equipment. A great host!




1 comment:

The Rogers said...

I like your Alaska pictures! Looks like fun!