Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I just thought I would share this. A couple of summers ago we had a little family reunion at our house. Most of the family was here and we were having waffles for breakfast. I pulled out a new bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup and everyone was enjoying their breakfast when Holly asked what that spot was in the bottle. It sure looked like a bug so we dumped the rest of the syrup out and sure enough it was a nasty looking thing. Everyone was immediately sick. Tanner suggested that we call the company but I didn't think that was a good idea. I said that for an apology they might send us a case of syrup and with that thought everyone was ready to let it slide. Check your syrup. To be really safe, make your own. Have you tried cinnamon syrup? It is yummy.
CINNAMON SYRUP:
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup water
2/3 cup white corn syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup cream
1 tblsp butter
Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream and butter. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Actually, it wasn't me that spotted the bug, I think it was Ashley. I wasn't there yet. Also, wasn't it Mrs. Butterworth's that you found a mouse in when you were a kid?

Geniel said...

thanks for the recipe, am going to try it this morning